Remembering those left behind...

Today marks another one month milestone:  one month ago today, we arrived HOME to America with Toby!  One month ago tonight, we were wearily making our way to Utah after being awake and traveling for 36 hours...and we've had a month of learning what it means to be a family, to begin to help Toby heal after almost 11 years in an orphanage...and of still being tired.  So tired that I sometimes have no energy to write at all.

But I haven't forgotten.

I haven't forgotten the little ones we left behind in Toby's orphanage.

You see that precious bunch of boys?  Those were the FIVE orphans left in Toby's institution.  Toby is tucked into his forever family.  The little one in the green sweater?  That is sweet Wetherby - and his Mama is in country right now getting ready for her court date!  He will soon be tucked into his forever family!!!

But the other three....oh those precious little boys.  I was only allowed to see them twice and very briefly each time, but I did as much as I could to love them and hug them and whisper in their ears that they are LOVED!  I made a commitment to do all I could to get these little ones seen and to pray hard for a family for each of them.

I know God can work through blog posts.  I know this, because our sweet friend Julia Nalle made a commitment to advocate for Toby and four other children when she left them behind after adopting her son!  And it was mostly because of her tireless efforts to bring attention to them that all five of those children are now either in families (our Toby!) or have families coming for them!!!  Praise the LORD!  Charlie and Rebecca...the last two of that group now have families who have committed to rescue them!  What an answer to prayer!

But there are three left.  It is such a lonely place.  I know there are worse institutions, but this facility is now a rehabilitation center for kids with special needs who have parents to go home to on the weekends.  To be an orphan in such a place, left alone on the weekends in a room with two other children and some nannies while the others go home is a lonely, lonely thing.

These boys need to have Mamas and Papas and siblings!

So let me introduce you!

First is CHESTER.
 Oh, sweet Chester!  (I have the most pictures of him, because he is simply FASCINATED with the camera and with seeing his own picture in the display screen afterward!!)
 I doubt that I have ever in my life seen a more smiley, cheerful little boy!  If he is this smiley and cheerful in an orphanage, imagine what he'd be like in a FAMILY!!!

 He is six years old, has crossed eyes and maybe some light developmental delays.  He runs around and is active and he was able to speak with me on simple terms - things like, "Cheese!" for a picture, or "Show me!" or "Look at this!"  to show me a toy he had.

 He was so pleasant and responded so obediently, even when the nannies ordered him to do something in gruff voices.
 I know for certain that Chester is going to bless some family's socks off!  He will add joy and life and maybe some challenges, too...but he is worth it!!!
 (Our Toby was about done with his goodbyes at this point, but Chester was still smiling!!!)

Next is BYRON.

Oh, Byron...you tiny, sweet, sweet thing!
 Byron is almost five and has a few more medical issues and developmental delays, but is able to walk and play and talk.  He is simply precious.
 He is not as camera-savvy as Chester, but he also loved saying "Cheese" and asking to see his picture displayed afterward!
 When I first met Byron, it was lunch time and a nanny had him tied into a small wooden chair.  His shoe had come off and he said, "Oops!  My shoe!"  I happily helped him with his shoe and gave him lots of hugs and kisses.  I could have just scooped him up and put him in my suitcase to take home with me, he was that dear.

Someone, please go make Byron your son!!!  He needs a family!!

And the last of the "weesome threesome" as someone lovingly called them, is JOEY.
 Joey and Byron are about the same age - almost five.  He has some mental delays and possible brain dysfunction.  But oh is he a sweetie!
 He is probably the quietest of the bunch.  Kind of shy, but still smiley.  He just melted into my arms when I hugged him and kissed his head.
 Oh Joey - you are such a treasure!  Someone will see you!  Someone will come for you!
 Joey is not listed on Reece's Rainbow quite yet, but will be soon.  He will be available for adoption in September 2016.

These boys!  Such precious little ones created in the image of God...created to be in families where they can KNOW what love and hope are all about!

CHESTER has $13.50 in his grant account.  That's it. 

BYRON has $45.00 in his grant account.  

As soon as Joey's grant is up and running, I'll be sure to post about it so that we can start building up his fund!

Someone is going to see what treasures all three of these boys are and are going to be nervous about starting the daunting process of international adoption.  Please, give to their accounts if you are able!  Toby had over $2,000 in his Reece's Rainbow account when we committed to him - many people had given generously, hoping and praying a family would find him!  And that money was such a blessing!  

And please pray.  Pray that their families step forward soon.  I don't think they will have much time left where they are before they will be transferred.  The director will not be able to continue to keep orphans when her facility is now only a rehabilitation center.  If they get transferred, they will be away from everything they've ever known...in a place that will most likely be much worse than where they are. 

I will not rest until each of them is settled in their forever families!  

Comments

  1. How I wish I could just GO and get these two boys!!!! Praying for a family to step up ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life with FASD

Home for Six Months

Why we brought him back home...