Miracle of Adoption

It has been a while since I posted anything on this blog.  It does NOT mean that nothing has been happening!  God is doing great things in our family and in Toby's life, and I will update on that soon.

But tonight I don't want to focus on our own miracles of adoption...the things we keep seeing and experiencing that have grown us and shown us what a marvelous thing adoption is even in the midst of challenges.

I want to introduce you to one little boy who was left behind in Toby's city.

One little sweetheart that I got to hold and hug and whisper in his ear in Russian, "You are loved!"

His Reece's Rainbow name is Joey.
And he is my "angel" - the child I've chosen to advocate for during the annual Christmas campaign, now named "Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign."


Last year as Christmas was drawing near, we busted our boy out of the orphanage forever.  But not before Toby made his rounds to say goodbye to those he was leaving behind.

We came to the groupa where Joey was, along with two other wee ones, Chester and Byron.  (If I could have been a warrior for all three of them, I would have done it!)  Toby gave each boy a little stuffed animal, a wooden car and a hug goodbye.
(Thankfully, sweet Pasha in the green shirt has been home with his forever family for several months now!) 

But those three other little ones?  Everything they knew has been taken from them.  All of their other orphan friends had families come for them.  And because their institution was being changed into a rehabilitation school instead of an orphanage, they've been moved to a different place.  I pray they are still together.  The "weesome threesome".  

We helped get Joey listed on the Reece's Rainbow site and I chose to advocate for him because he has the least amount of money in his account:  $40.50
 Sweet, smiley Joey!

Our goal is to raise $1000.00 for his account by the end of this year.  I don't know how that is going to happen, but I am praying every day that generous hearts would contribute and, more importantly, that his family will SEE HIM and do everything they can to go get him quickly!

I no longer have a Facebook account, so please share this blog post if you are able.  Please get the word out.  I know there are 99 other Reece's Rainbow kids who have warriors raising funds and awareness for them.  But please share about Joey.  And  Chester and Byron, too.

A few weeks ago, Toby suddenly asked about his three little friends who were left behind.  "What happened to them, Mom?"

"Well, they are still waiting for families of their own."

"Oh no.  Mom, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!"  

Yes, Toby.  We have to do something...and we are!  We will be their voice until they are home forever.  

I'll post periodically through the season.  We are thinking of some ways to possibly raise some funds.  (We may be redoing some of our John 14:18 watercolor paintings again, along with a Christmas bake sale/preserves sale during our town's Christmas celebration.)  Please stay tuned and pray for Joey and his two buddies.  

A donation to Joey's account of $50 or more and you will receive an ornament with his sweet photo on it!  

If you have any questions about any of these three precious souls, please feel free to leave a comment or email me at kkerger@aol.com.  

I have met these boys.  I have hugged them and cried tears over them as we left them behind.  Toby prays for them and worries about them.  Please help us get them seen!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life with FASD

Happy Birthday, Toby!

Why we brought him back home...